Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fire on Eagle Rock - Laguna Beach


Just when I was getting ready to sit down and review my photos from Hospitality night.... that is the night that downtown Laguna closes the main street and the shops are open with goodies and drinks for the people walking around and Santa arrives on a Fire Engine at City Hall where he stands by the Mayor who turns on the lights for the Christmas Tree..... B.S. on any other name for the tree........ I got a call from the paper that a fire had broken out at a residence in South Laguna. I hustled out of the house grabbing my photo gear and handheld scanner and made my way to Eagle Rock which is a street in South Laguna. When I arrived there were fire engines everywhere and police and the house was fully involved. I spoke with one of the neighbors who said they heard a loud bang like an explosion and then they could smell smoke. This was a nasty fire that threatened neighboring homes. When I was leaving, I could hear the firemen checking to make sure they were not missing anyone and warning that the house was unsafe and could possibly collapse......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites