Monday, December 05, 2005

Nyes Place Fire - Laguna Beach


This is most unusual..... I was having break..lunch at the Jolly Roger with the staff of the Laguna Independent when we heard the sirens. There vwere enough to indicate a possible fire. All four engines are sent out for a fire as opposed to 2 for a medical aid. I ate for a few minutes more and then we saw a hook and ladder from out of town go by.... so that was it for my han and eggs and out I went to Nyes place to check it out. My throat was sore from taking in smoke the night before at the Eagle Rock fire, so I was hoping there would not ne much so smoke.

Nyes place is a windy hilly street and the sky was bright blue with no sign of smoke. At first I was thinking I must be going to the wrong location, but then the traffic stopped and I could see cars being turned around.

I made my way up the street on foot and then one of the firemen directed me through the side gate of a house and I found myself on a high balcony overlooking a beautiful ocean view and a canyon that was filled with lots of dry brush. Turns iut a welders torch started this fire (they were working on the house next door). This started a vegetation fire. A took some pics and then headed back to the Jolly Roger to finish my meeting with the editor.

1 Comments:

Blogger BMW said...

Jay, you gotta take me with you on one of these things...

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites