Sunday, December 11, 2005

Boat Parade and Mel Gibson


Since Laguna Beach does not have a Boat Parade, some of the crew from the Coffee Nazi's place (Jean Pauls Goodies) decided to start one. Our good friends Karla and Greg live on the water in Cornona Del Mar ( I always thought their address was in Newport Beach.... but hey.. I am from Brooklyn and not familar with the area). They decided it was time to start the Annual JP Goodies Boat parade and the in crowd (meaning the few people we know) were included. The initial outing was to include Phil and Blair who live in South Laguna about every other weekend; Marcusl and Sweetie from the high tops of Laguna.... we refer to them as the mountain people; and of course my wife Janet and myself now living on the outskirts of town in a slum area known as Monarch Beach. We all met at Karla and Greg's and after starting out with some champagne we went aboard the fantastic "All Charged Up" to slowly motor around the harbor and end up at the "Cannery" for dinner. There we ate like kings and drank wine like fools. As usual I attempted to stay out of any polticial issues, but somehow Mel Gibson came up in relation to a program he is about to do on the Holocaust. I couldn't help but state my opinion that I thought Gibsin was a 'dick'. Marcusl quickly corrected me that Gibson was okay and it was actually his father who was a Dick..... but that because of Gibson's religious beliefs he had to honor his father and therefore could not say anything that would be in opposition to what his father said. I thought...... this is brilliant! Wow! Now I can say anything I want and claim my Father said it and since I would never dishonor him, I was just keeping the faith. I guess I have to admit..... Gibson is a genious.... not a dick!

I feel so much better.

We finished dinner and took the boat ride home making sure to pass all of the well lit homes showing their Christmas lights (or maybe they were just Holiday lights). I have trouble telling the difference. We passed many boats that waived to us because they knew we were 'famous'.

All in all it was a great way to start the annual Boat Parade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites