Thursday, February 16, 2006

Seal the Deal



Several people have told me about some guy that can be found around Crescent Bay Beach with all sorts of videos, cameras and listening devices to document the seals and other sea creatures.

I stopped there today and sure enough there he was with a small group of people and lots of equipment. Nice guy! He showed me all sorts of neat photos of him and the seals, and then had me look through various cameras and binoculars and listen to the seals through head sets.

Bob claims to 'talk to the animals' which is probably true. After all.... he talked to me..

He told me he had documented hundreds of whales passing through each week. What was really interesting is that they seem to go through mainly on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I wonder if that is their shopping days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites