Saturday, December 31, 2005

Thousand Steps... NOT!



So I decided to check out whether Thousand Steps Beach really has 1000 steps. It is quite steep and being the old man I am , I had to hold on to the railing while watching the young studs walking backwards up the steps as part of their daily workout.

When I reached the bottom, I was certain I had only counted about 235 steps. I figured it was a result of my short term memory and maybe I had counted 1000 but just did not remember. I asked one of the surfer dudes why they called this 1000 steps when it wasn't. That was my next mistake. Young surfer dudes tend to be somewhat mindless and insane. As I continued to walk on the beach to get a better look at the climb back, I could hear this idiot screaming out my question like some echo in a canyon.

Anyway, I started back up the steps and that is when I realized why the name 1000 steps. It might only be 235 going down.... but it damn sure felt like 1000 going up.

Thank goodness it wasn't 1000 steps!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites