Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Woods Cove - Best Kept Secret

I guess it is easy to take for granted the beauty that surrounds you. While doing my beach assignment for the magazine I ran into one of the writers for the Laguna Independent Newspaper who was taking a break. I guess if you live in New York, then maybe your break is in a coffee shop or if you are lucky enough, it might be in Central Park. Well..... this one is really tough to beat.

This beach is in my old neighborhood in Wood's Cove which is just south of Main Beach. The Betty Davis house is there..... obviously she does not live there any more. It seems that a name stays with the house until someone more famous buys it. That is probably why my old house was never named after me. Actually, it might not be referred to as anyones place. That can get depressing :-(.

Anyway, I started down the steps to this incredible beach. It is a cove as the name implies. Once down on the beach, you feel as though you are in some magical spot. My newspaper buddy was there and was jumping in the ocean to get a bit refreshed. I could definitley get into doing this. The only thing that stops me is the thought of driving home with sand in my pants and a chill. I guess I could try just sitting and being in the NOW..... I think I will go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites